|Picture credit: the lovely Ria|
I was tagged by the fantastic Beautycalyptique from beautycalypse.com
1. On my nightstand you’ll find: Eucalyptus and Lavender essential oils, Badger’s sleep balm, a book – at the moment, the Crucible by Arthur Miller – a pen, post-its, some lip balm.
2. The literary character I’m most like : According to this quiz, I’m Hermione Granger. (While we do share a love for books, I’m afraid I do not have her signature bushy hair and thick wavy curls)
3. I’m currently obsessed with: finding my holy-grail cleanser, mastering the wheel aka the backbend in Yoga, (not easy when you have short and weak arms), pondering whether or not to splurge on May Lindstrom products (the samples were incredible) and helping my sister ace her English literature exams.
4. My favourite superhero is: Storm from the X-men because she’s a badass (abilities: “weather manipulation, flight, energy perception, ecological empathy, resistance to the effects of the weather + extreme temperatures, telepathic immunity…”)
Captain Planet (self-explanatory lol) Sorry I just had to put him on the list haha.
5. Favourite beauty product of 2013: Indie Lee Blemish lotion (3 persistent pimples were finally atomized). But my RMS un cover-up concealer is a close second!
6. If I could have dinner with anyone dead or alive it would be: Cleopatra, I want to know if she died because she slathered too much cream on her skin (there was once a theory about that 😉 She used to be quite the makeup expert back then.
7. Winter is coming – how do you prep your skin for battle? Oh I just don’t leave the house. No, more seriously, Vitamin C, D supplements + Water + greens + gallons of oils and balms.
8. My perfect date night makeup consists of: flawless skin (hello foundation!) nicely defined lips and fluttery lashes.
9. My go-to skin-beautifying snack/drink is: almonds / water
11. If my evening clutch could only hold one beauty item it would be: My Ilia Beauty tinted lip conditioner in “Arabian Knights”.
12. One beauty tip I would pass on to my real/fictional daughter is: It’s not a beauty tip per se, but I’d tell her to BREATHE! As in inhale/exhale deeply, not constantly live in apnea. Now for a real beauty tip: make-up is not mandatory when you go to high-school. Going bare-faced can be nice too.
13. The most nostalgic item from my childhood is: Polly Pockets and there was also this awesome Jurassic Park car. On a more sentimental note, the little collection of stuffed toys that my grandma had in her house.
14. My favourite tv show of the moment is: Well I’m a tv show junkie, so I’d say (emphasis on the moment) : Homeland, House of Cards, The Hour, Daria (I recently re-watched it = priceless) Parenthood, The Americans.
15. My favourite quote is: Changes all the time, but right now I really like this one:
“ Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. ”- Theodore Roosevelt
Here are the House rules: