Just before #NoBuyJanuary, December 31 to be precise, I made one last purchase for the year : a black mascara.
I’ve been using Ilia’s mascara in “Macao” (which has a copper hue) for the last couple of months and I love it, but I needed to get a black mascara after running out of the Dr. Hauschka one. Sante is one of the very few brands I can pick up in my local health store, hence why I own quite a lot of their products. This mascara is part of another limited edition called “Michalsky StyleNite-Look” ( Michalski’s a German fashionbrand and I read that Sante is their official makeup sponsor) So let’s start with the intriguing name : Sante Mascara Magic Lashes (10ml) volume + define
With such a pompous title, I could only have high expectations 🙂
|Close-up : my lashes just after one application|
– The brush is convenient, gliding smoothly on the lashes, coating them well from base to tip.
– Provides some nice definition.
– Does what it says : it brings a lot of volume, which is why I bought it in the first place. I’ve never tried falsies, but using this mascara really brings out my lashes.
– The cost ( I think it’s much cheaper in Europe, as it’s a German brand)
– Vegan, lactose-free & gluten-free
– During the cleansing, the product slides off very easily without leaving any dark residue
– It has a slight tendency to smudge.
– Doesn’t dry instantly, so I strongly recommend to wait a
little bit for the mascara to dry after the application.
– It’s not a 24-hour formula, but that’s hard to find though. You might have to reapply once or twice during the day.
Ingredients : (CTFA/INCI) Aqua (Water), Alcohol*, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Sorbitol, Algin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Xanthan Gum, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Parfum (Essential Oils), Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Acacia Senegal Gum, Bambusa Arundinacea Stem Powder, Lycium Barbarum
Fruit Extract*, Linalool, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).