Since it’s #organicseptember, how could we not do a makeup look with organic makeup? The green cosmetics industry has been growing tremendously the past couple of years, however, the number of “certified organic” brands is more limited. There are many reasons for that which won’t be discussed in this article since it’s a simple makeup look, but the topic is indeed fascinating! Natural, green, mineral and organic are all different terms: natural, for instance, doesn’t necessarily mean organic.
Products used: Zuii Organic Flora loose powder foundation. Zuii Organic is an Australian brand that is BDIH, COSMOS certified. The full range is minimum 95% Certified Organic ingredients with the remaining 5% from a natural origin (ie. Mineral).
Avril Cosmétiques cream concealer. Avril is a French brand, Ecocert certified, which means that minimum 95% are natural or of natural origins and that minimum 95% of the plant ingredients come from organic farming. Minimum 10% of the total ingredients must come from organic farming.
Couleur Caramel Zanzibar Palace double mascara. Another French brand, they are Ecocert and CosmeBio certified. Cosmebio stands for the French Association of Organic and Natural Cosmetics. In 2002, the 5 main organisations involved in organic and natural cosmetics standards (BDIH, ICEA, Soil Association, Cosmebio, and Ecocert) came together to develop a single, harmonized standard, named COSMOS-standard. If you read Soil Association’s interview, (here) you know that as of January 2017, the COSMOS logo will appear alongside the Soil Association logo on products.
Lavera Bio organic So Fresh Mineral Rouge Powder Duo Columbine Pink 01 and Soft glowing cream highlighter. One of Germany’s pioneer eco cosmetics brand is NATRUE-certified. The NATRUE label was created back in 2008 by German brands Weleda, Dr. Hauschka, Lavera et Logona. The natural substances of vegetable or animal origin of up to 95% from controlled organic cultivation. The total of organic ingredients must be at least 70% à 95 %.
Nüdus lipstick “27 Kisses”. An Australian lipstick brand that is COSMOS Certified Organic.
For the base, I applied Zuii Organic Flora loose powder foundation in the shade, “Buff” to even out the skin. It feels very lightweight, yet I do get a sufficient coverage. To make my skin glow, I like to put two drops of a face oil on my brush before applying the foundation. Zuii’s foundation doesn’t aggravate any skin woes, it feels very soothing thanks to its formula enriched with rose, marshmallow, witch hazel, Camellia Seed oil and aloe vera. To cover two naughty zits that decided to pop up overnight, I applied Avril’s concealer in the shade “porcelaine”. I also dabbed some concealer under my eye circles and finished off by re-applying a little bit of loose powder foundation to set the cream concealer and make it last all day.
On my cheeks, I used my favorite powder blush, namely Lavera’s So Fresh Mineral Rouge Powder Duo Columbine Pink 01. It’s a metallic pink blush with golden hues. I also applied Lavera’s Soft Glowing cream highlighter on top of my cheekbones, bridge of the nose and inner corners of my eyes. The highlighter has a cream to powder finish, thus lasting all day on oily/combination
For the eye makeup, I used the Zuii Organic Quad eyeshadow palette “Fresh”, which contains warm neutral-golden hues. The colors look strong on the palette but once applied, the colors appear softer. As a primer, I applied a bit of foundation powder to get rid of any excess oil, then I started by using the lightest shade ‘Chestnut’ all over my eyelid, with an extra attention to the inner corners of my eyes for a luminous look. I followed by dabbing “rich gold” in the middle of my eyelid. On my crease, I used ” Grapefruit” for more definition. Since I didn’t use an eye pencil, I took a fine angled brush and applied the darkest shade “Fudge” along my upper and lower lashlines. To coat my lashes, I used Couleur Caramel’s double mascara (the black color) from the Zanzibar Palace collection, which is a solid defining and lengthening mascara.
I finished off by applying Nüdus lipstick in the shade “27 kisses” a rich, warm, mauve nude that is supremely creamy and pigmented.
Et voilà! This was my organic makeup look. Let us know which are your go-to organic makeup brands in the Network section.
In celebration of Organic September (#organicseptember), we have the pleasure to be a part of this incredible competition where you can win a scholarship to become an organic skincare entrepreneur! (here). Also, we’d love to hear what ‘certified organic’ means to you by taking our little survey (here).
What do you think about our concealer ?
Have a nice day
I really like it, the texture is smooth and it doesn’t settle into the fine lines. If I did not like it, I wouldn’t be using it 🙂 Have a lovely day too!